Instala la app de Android para una mejor experiencia.

Duda en la traducción

Good morning:

In one of the exercises, there was this to translate: 
Do you need to wear a uniform to the game?

The correct translation according to the application is: "¿Hay que llevar uniforme para el partido?", but I would have translated it as: "¿Necesitas llevar uniforme para el partido?".

Is the translation wrong? Why?

Best regards.

Publicado 30 nov. 2023 09:03 por 1900
Reportar Añadir recompensa (opcional)

Hi Josean, I guess it depends on how you think about the Spanish translation. Is there a big difference between "hay que llevar" and "necesitas llevar"? I am not a native Spanish speaker but both options look correct to me. Do you feel the translation with "hay que" is wrong? I am fine with changing it but here in Spain I have heard many people say it like that.

In any case I have always place greater importance on the English translations rather than the Spanish ones since this is a website about learning English. There are always multiple ways to translate things. I just try to show one of the most common ways, but that does not mean other ways of translating are wrong. There are multiple possible right translations.

Whenever you have any questions about translations feel free to bring them up in this forum like you have done now.

Publicado 30 nov. 2023 13:44 por 19700
Reportar
Inicia sesión para contestar

Apple AirTag

-